Wow, I wonder how long this blog has been up. Today is my first time using it. I think I'll leave the personal info as is... Anyways life is good.
I promised someone I was going to find out some insider info on the dentist office. Here it is, from some of the best dentists Boston has to offer, (fyi, they... I mean WE were just chosen to be the official Red Sox dental office. I know they have to have an official everything so it kind of loses it's shock effect when it get down to where they get there teeth excavated, but it's still cool).
1) Yearly X-rays. These are necessary because it's the only way to detected inter-dental cavities (that means between the teeth, Katy!) If you floss regularly, "aka" twice a day BEFORE you brush you should be able to avoid these beasts. Anyways, the dentists say atleast once a year and that's not because they get more dinero from insurance that way.
2) Flouride. This one's good. So the flouride that is ingested is actually the most effective way of getting the full anti-cavity-ness from flouride, "aka" flouride in water and pills. The flouride in the water works by it being absorbed and NOT because it came into contact with the enamal. HOWEVER that is only useful while the teeth are still developing (upto 11 years for adult teeth, 15 for wisdom) after that it's useless, so Aunt BeeJay and the rest of you that have been fooled, it does pretty much nothing after age 15(and that even includes those of you that act like your 12).
Topical flouride, the dentist sometimes does treatments during your appointments, this does very little but is useful at all ages, assuming original teeth are still there.
Any other questions, send them and help me make my internship and inside connections worthwhile. This week was inspired by Aunts Beejay and Ellen
Next time mouthwash and rinses... riveting, eh?
Spot on
3 comments:
Thanks for the information on flossing and flouride"ing"!
I tag Jamster!
Jaime- welcome to the blogging world! hope you like it here. I took the liberty of adding you to my contacts. hope you dont mind.
Looking forwarded to the mouthwashing and rinsing... =D
-Mel
Post a Comment