There are two parts to this great weekend. First we spent Thursday through Saturday up in Grafton, Vermont with Adam and Tori Thompson and The Raggazines at the Thompson cabin. IT was pretty much the most beautiful place ever. Second we went on a hike for maybe 5 miles in the fells (maybe 10 mins from our house), another beautiful place. We are lucky to be surrounded by so much beauty.
The cabin in Grafton, VT
A chipmunk that I name Ernie. He was a very curious little fellow.
4-wheeling, a new found love for Jamie. He loved riding these things around. So did Tyson.
Tyson loved this game of peek-a-boo.
The view was incredible. I'll never get over it.
Mr. Muscles
Tori and Tyson
Ice cream. I'm pretty sure that this is what runs through the veins of my husband. He eats an amazing amount of this stuff. So of course we had to go to the local ice cream stand. The pic below is what Adam and Jamie got to share.
Yes, it even had cherries.
Jamie playing with the toys. My husbands definitely got skills.
Being at a cow farm, of course we had to pet the cows. Tyson wasn't quite sure what to think. HE was intriged.
So he finally got brave enough to stick his hand out and the cow literally wrapped its tongue around his hand. Gross!
Jamie laughed and Tyson cried, more from the shock than anything else.
You might think that you've never heard of Grafton, VT. But chances are you have if you ever seen the movie Funny Farm (with Chevy Chase). We drove up the private drieway to get a picture of the house that's in the movie, for my mom (I'm not quite sure why but she LOVES the movie). These are the best pictures that I could get.
Memorial Day, Medford
This day wouldn't be complete without the normal workout routine. Jamie's found a new way to incorporate Tyson into his workout. Lets just say that Tyson loves being 'Live Weight'.
The Fells. We went with our friend Taylor Sparks. It was super fun. Tyson loved the hiking backpack. In fact he fell asleep in it after a while. :) We hiked for about 2 1/2 hours over rocks and such. It was a great hike.
Tyson laughed anytime Taylor made faces at him. Oh and we put Tyson in this sweet gecko camo outfit. Good times were had by all.
Things we saw:
Some sort of webbing nest thing
Lady Slippers
Garden Snake
Geese! Tyson loved them.
5 comments:
Looks fun!! You got some beautiful pictures. Oh, and I'm pretty sure ice cream is what runs through Bryce's veins, too. :)
a New England thing I'm sure.
That nesting webby thing looks like army worms or I can't remember but I do remember trying to picnic near in the country when we were having an epidemic of them. GROSS
you'll have to remember this place when i ask you about it! Love the pictures! Jaime cracks me up, his personality shows right through the camera lens!
AHh, I LOVE his cute little camo outfit!!!
Post a Comment