Betsy and Tanner blessed us and the good state of Utah with their presence. They had some other reason to come down so they didn't come to Boston Baked Beans, however, they did drop down to Provo to have dessert. Since they were down we decided to resurrect the family favorite game, The Dice Game. (That's the name I gave it.)

Well, Betsy threw down a huge "hand" (or whatever you call it with Dice). As you can see, she rolled "3's" with all six dice. I think that's a record, 2400 pts. in one roll. Then she busted it in her next roll. It was a shame, but I couldn't be more proud for her taking after me, since I tend to bust on a great roll most games. She won that game.
So our good friends from the ward invited us to come with them on a trip to their parents' homes in southern California. I haven't been there since I visa waited in the Carlsbad Mission for two months in 2004 before heading over to Spain. Our first night there we pulled in around 8 and we went straight to the beach to check out the beach. This is how CA welcomed us...

No wonder why it's so expensive to live there.
Bryce had told me back when he first went to the beach with his in-laws that I had to go swimming in the ocean in So Cal. Well, we took him up on it. Peter even taught me how to surf. Unfortunately, our camera died shortly after getting to CA so we didn't get much documentation. Here's my first surf class with Pete...

Unfortunately, being on a surf board in water well over my head and where I was sure they filmed the movie Jaws, I almost got an ulcer just thinking some shark was going to take a large bite out of my frame that has little it could give. Well, I'm sure Pete and Michelle thought it was funny.
Michelle faithfully hung out on the beach and played with Megan and Tyler (the baby). She made sure to wave everytime I tried to get up. It was great to be there with her and be on vacation.
Here is our host family, Pete, Megan, and Tyler.

And with their help we were able to make our first visit to Oceanside, where the house from Top Gun resides.

This was just a few miles away from "Fighter Town, USA". It was a great vacation.
1 comment:
you could have taken my cindy crawford zit out of the picture... i wouldn't mind.
Post a Comment