First of all, a few weeks back for National Hug Day (That's January 21). For participating in the LaPierre activities by keeping track of our random acts of service to others we (Michelle, Laree, Renee, Cris, and I) got a care package from homebase which consisted of fudge, Twizzlers, Gummy Spice Drops, Hugs (of course), some coveted family videos, and the worth its weight in Yellow Eyes! Thanks Mom. We had some goodtimes having people over for dinner and serving one another just because. It's a nice reminder to be mindful of how to help others all the time.
Keeping with the spirit of National Hug Day, Michelle made dinner for the family... AKA me. This was for Valentine's Day eve, since the 14th was obviously Boston Baked Beans. She had been planning this for a while... marinated steak, special mashed potatoes, steamed asparagus, and a french appetizer (artichoke parmesan spread over toasted baggets). She made me go into the other room and do homework while she made everything, and lit the candles. She taught me a few things about how to set the table nicely. She liked the fancy settings, I couldn't take my eyes off of all the fire... there's five more large candles not pictures... we had a bright dinner.
A picture of the finished product, all except the fruit pizza. It was fun to use extra plates and utensils just because.I, Jamie, have reached another milestone in my life... nay, a landmark. This happened at church a few weeks ago as I was holding one of the babies in the ward. The first of many more...
We made rolls for dinner the other day. This is always exciting and filled with all sorts of surprises. When I help I try to shake things up as much as possible.
Putting this old fashioned shape to shame was the newest roll making its premier debut at dinner this last week was...
The DeMartinis Come to Provo:
Michelle's side of the family came out for the last weekend in February. It was a nice visit. As you can see things got crazy once we pulled out the nerf guns.Then after one on one duels lost their excitement Michelle came up with this...
3 way duels.
The nerf guns are a large part of our home life now. In fact, we never like to leave home with out them.
Yikes. It was a great weekend, but it took its toll on us, especially junior, so Michelle let him take an afternoon nap. Also making history, here Michelle is modeling her first full maternity outfit...
4 comments:
thanks for the update and the creativity you always exhibit!
Jamie you are too funny. Ok, so I have to tell you. I was watching the family video (the day in the life one) and I can not believe how much jaxon is like you...down to the awkward (I know I spelled it wrong) body movements...you may already have a little protege!
You're quite the writer! That was way fun to read :) I found the blog on the RS website - so I grabbed it. Hope that's okay! You guys are awesome!
Nerf Guns!!! We all had fun up there in Utah!!! Can't wait to see you guys again! =]
Post a Comment