I take that back, there might have been two wild things. And no, this isn't supposed to be a scene from X-men.
Check out these mountains...
and these cliffs...

Don't worry, this was all in the "NO SKI ZONE"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuYFZtw3_Mo
After reaching the top of this little ridge, scarred and battered, we documented the occasion by not taking a picture, apparently.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvdq5NrcXGM
Don't worry, this was all in the "NO SKI ZONE"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuYFZtw3_Mo
After reaching the top of this little ridge, scarred and battered, we documented the occasion by not taking a picture, apparently.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvdq5NrcXGM
After an hour or two of hiking we looked out and saw the a couple of the lakes that we were supposed to be going around, none of which we actually did. Instead, we climbed straight up the hill giving us access to this sweet shot.
And a few more.
And yes, I'm still just as prone to accidents as always.
With that behind us, and now at the top of Rockies, the fun could finally begin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LbosFAUroo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RjvYXAfvsw
The goggles made an excellent find. You'd be amazed what you can find on a ski slope in June.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRaAJyjWoGw
Finally, someone that doesn't look ridiculous.
After a bit of hiking, we made a killer find...
This was just before dropping in for the final run of the day.
We could have spent most of the hike here, if we weren't going back for cinnamon rolls.
A familiar sight around my brothers. Luckily, I think I dodged this one, unlike Cris's long shot at Christmas. See the January 8th post on his blog.Sadly, after a few hours of hiking, this was the only evidence that we found of anything living passing close. Of course, if there was anything close enough, they were probably scared to death from all the noise we were making.
If you look close you can find a turkey in here. I couldn't see it when I took this picture, I was going off of Bryce's word.
This may be a duplicate, but it makes our hike seem a lot longer. Or maybe we did the same loop twice.
Thanks for the sweet hike, Bryce. We'll have to repeat them someday, maybe in the Catskills next year. Cris, mark it on your calendar so you can make it.
3 comments:
Wish I could have joined you. It looks like fun.
I saw a big turkey in that picture.
:)
Happy Birthday!!! It looks like it was an awesome day for you. The pictures are beautiful, thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment