As the only LaPierres in NewEngland for Patriot's day we felt responsible to document the event for the rest of you unable to make the pilgrimage back to Zion.
Paul Revere riding into town (Michelle thought he was rather old to be Paul Revere...)
The British are coming.
The Battle. Proof that even grown men like to play good guys and bad guys.
After the battle we went and had a yummy breakfast at the Johnstons house (which is an Arlington Ward tradition). There were tons of people their including almost all of the missionaries in the mission.
Jamie wanted pictures with anyone dressed up. It was pretty sweet.
Tyson did so well, especially considering the fact that we got up at 4:30am to witness this event. This is his "I want to look around but I'm really tired, so I have a grumpy face look".
The Parade. Jamie went to take pictures, while I was letting Tyson catch some sleep at the Thompsons house.
All the people watching the parade with Jamie.
And of course Patriots day wouldn't be complete without a run to Kimball's farm. We got super yummy ice cream, talked with the wardites that were there and even threw a frisbee around. It was a jolly extravaganza. Gotta love New England!
7 comments:
SO JEALOUS!!! Made me homesick. I have got to get the kids out there for that one year. The boys would LOVE that!
You were there TOO? How did we not see each other?
Awesome!!! We wore red, white and blue to celebrate patriot's day. Never mind that it was an accident, I'm SURE my subconscious did it on purpose! We also contemplated a run, but opted for a nap instead. ;) Happy Patriot's Day!
Looks like a cool day!! I love the picture of tired little Tyson and his grumpy face! So cute! Michelle, you need to sneak in more of these pics though! Your lil sis wants to see more pics of all of you since she's on the other side of the world and can't be there in person! Love you all!
-Anne
fyi.. That's not Paul Revere riding in yelling captain parkah, paul revere actually is walking in as a pow, its william dawes... but anyways, I can't wait to get Tanner out there for that some year!
What sweet pictures!!! Looks like you had an awesome day! I had to laugh, coming to your page the first picture to load was the Boston Temple. (Only funny because of Sunday when Stephen J. was looking through my Nursey manuel during Sacrament meeting and found a picture of the Boston Temple and I couldn't decide which Temple it was and promised to find out for him, and actually no one we asked knew.) We miss you guys!
Pahkah, Betsy, you're losing your accent!
Post a Comment